Monday 26 January 1981
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Juan Jose Haedo and Colin O'Donoghue.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to The Tide Is High by Blondie.
In UK Imagine by John Lennon was in the top 5 hits.
Scanners, directed by David Cronenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mystery!: Malice Aforethought.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Eastern Front (1941) or Gorgon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1981!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1981 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Juan Jose Haedo: Argentinian Cyclist.
- Colin O'Donoghue: Movie Actor.
- Jose De Jesus Corona: Soccer Player.
- Jesús Corona: Mexican footballer.
- Gustavo Dudamel: Venezuelan violinist composer and conductor.
- Sandeep Patil scores memorable 174 versus Australia at Adelaide Oval.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Blondie - The Tide Is High
- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
- Kool & The Gang - Celebration
- Eddie Rabbitt - I Love A Rainy Night
- Air Supply - Every Woman In The World
- Rod Stewart - Passion
- Neil Diamond - Love On The Rocks
- Dolly Parton - 9 To 5
- Diana Ross - It's My Turn
- Barry Manilow - I Made It Through The Rain
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?