Wednesday 26 January 1983
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Down Under by Men At Work.
In UK You Can't Hurry Love by Phil Collins was in the top 5 hits.
The Year of Living Dangerously, directed by Peter Weir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Space by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1983!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1983 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Patricia Leclercq: French murder victim, a 19-year-old murdered on 8 July 2002 by repeat offender, Jean-Paul Leconte, who confessed to his crime in 2007.
- Su Hwan Lee: South Korean footballer.
- Petri Oravainen: Finnish footballer.
- Ryan Rowland-Smith: Australian baseball player.
- Lee Su-hwan: South Korean kick-boxer.
- Paul ''Bear'' Bryant: American football coach (Born 1913).
- Dutch / British infrared satellite IRAS launched from California
- Dutch/British infrared satellite IRAS launched from California.
- Lotus 1-2-3 is released for IBM-PC-compatible computers.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?