Sunday 26 July 1908
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gilbert Doukan and Philippe Hersent.
The Fight for Freedom, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 July 1908!
Which were the important events of 26 July 1908 ?
- Gilbert Doukan: French medical practitioner, specializing in dermatology, venereology and radiology.
- Philippe Hersent: French actor, who died in Rome, Italy on 30 December 1982, aged 70.
- Louis Despeyroux: Toulouse physician.
- Lucien Wercollier: Luxembourgian sculptor (Born 1908).
- Predecessor of the FBI is created by the Department of Justice
- United States Attorney General Charles Joseph Bonaparte issues an order to immediately staff the Office of the Chief Examiner (later renamed the Federal Bureau of Investigation).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1908 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Rigoletto - La Donna E' Mobile (Woman is Fickle) - Enrico Caruso
- Kiss Duet - Henry Burr
- Honey, Won't You Please Come Down? - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Summertime Medley - Prince's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?