Sunday 26 July 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Avenging Conscience: or 'Thou Shalt Not Kill', directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 26 July 1914 ?
- Ralph Hunsecker Blane: Songwriter.
- C Bryant: American soldier lawyer and politician 34th Governor of Florida (d. 2002).
- Erskine Hawkins: American trumpeter and big band leader (Born 1914).
- Ellis Kinder: American baseball player (d. 1968).
- Austrian-Hungary condemns Serbian ultimatum
- British Minister of Navy Winston Churchill orders British fleet to remain
- German Chief of Staff / General von Moltke states ultimatum on Belgium
- Serbia and Bulgaria interrupt diplomatic relationship.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When the Angelus is Ringing - Peerless Quartet
- In the Valley of the Moon - Elizabeth Spencer & Vernon Archibald
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?