Wednesday 26 July 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
John, the Soldier of Vengeance, directed by Louis J. Gasnier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 26 July 1939 ?
- Bob Lilly: American football player, a Defensive tackle with the Dallas Cowboys from 1961-1974.
- J W Howard: Prime Minister of Australia.
- Jun Henmi: Japanese author and poet (d. 2011).
- Richard Marlow: English organist and conductor (d. 2013).
- John Howard: Australian attorney and politician, Prime Minster in 1996.
- Jean-Paul Pigasse: Toulouse Journalist
- Bruce McBroom: American photographer who markets his talents in Hollywood, photographing movie stills and working for studios free-lance; a big name in the business.
- Yankee catcher Bill Dickey hits 3 consecutive HRs
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?