Friday 26 July 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Le Jour se Leve, directed by Marcel Carn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 July 1940!
Which were the important events of 26 July 1940 ?
- Francis Servel: French accidental death, he died selflessly to save his wife's life.
- Dobie Gray: American singer-songwriter and producer (d. 2011).
- Brian Mawhinney: Baron Mawhinney Irish academic and politician Secretary of State for Transport.
- Bobby Rousseau: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Tolis Voskopoulos: Greek singer-songwriter and actor.
- Mary Kopechne: American noted drowning victim on 7/18/1969. A government employee of Senator R.F. Kennedy, she was a passenger in the car driven by Senator Ted Kennedy when it plunged off a bridge into a tidal pool at Chappaquiddick. Later investigation cleared the Senator of manslaughter charges.
- Mary Jo Kopechne: American aide to Robert F. Kennedy (d. 1969)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?