Wednesday 26 July 1944
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Canterville Ghost, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 July 1944!
Which were the important events of 26 July 1944 ?
- Christian Fechner: French film producer, screenwriter and director.
- Kiel Martin: Actor (Det LaRue-Hill Street Blues), dies of cancer at 46.
- Kiel Martin in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (Detective LaRue - Hill Street Blues).
- Micki J King: Springboard diver (1972 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Rimantas Antanas-Antonovich Stankiavichus: Russian Cosmonaut.
- Bertrand Eveno: French senior official and business leader, the former president of Agence France-Presse from 2000 to 2005.
- Reza Sjah Pahlawi [Reza Chan]: Cossack officer / shah of Persia.
- Japanese suicide attack on US lines in Guam
- Russian troops arrive in Weichsel
- World War II: the Soviet army enters Lviv, a major city in western Ukraine, liberating it from the Nazis. Only 300 Jews survive out of 160,000 living in Lviv prior to occupation.
- The first German V-2 rocket hits Great Britain.
- WWII: A Messerschmitt Me 262 becomes the first jet fighter aircraft to have an operational victory.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?