Monday 26 July 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Norair Nurikian and Luboš Andršt.
Key Largo, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Gabrielle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 July 1948!
Which were the important events of 26 July 1948 ?
- Norair Nurikian: Bulgari -- Bantam weight (1972, 76 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Luboš Andršt: Czech guitarist and songwriter (Energit and Framus Five).
- Herbert Wiesinger: German figure skater.
- Leo Durocher returns to Ebbets Field as a New York Giant
- President Truman issues Executive Order No. 9981 directing equality of treatment & opportunity in armed forces
- US President Harry Truman issues Executive Order No. 9981 directing "equality of treatment and opportunity" in armed forces.
- U.S. President Harry S. Truman signs Executive Order 9981 desegregating the military of the United States.
- U.S. President Truman signs ''Executive Order 9981'', ending racial segregation in the United States Armed Forces.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 July 1948
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?