Wednesday 26 July 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Furies, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 July 1950!
Which were the important events of 26 July 1950 ?
- Wim Van Dam: Dutch astrologer; worked with primary directions, developing original techniques.
- Paul McHale: (Rep-D-Pennsylvania).
- Nelinho : Brazilian footballer and manager.
- Nicholas Evans: English journalist screenwriter and producer.
- Anne Rafferty: English lawyer and judge.
- Rich Vogler: American race car driver (d. 1990)
- Susan George: British actress, in films from childhood. The daughter of a sax player and a former show-girl, she made a debut at four and played in the London theater at 12. Since the late '60s, she played leading roles in British and American films that emphasized her nymphet sexuality. Along with much British TV, her American films include "The Strange Affair," 1968, "Mandingo," 1975 and "A Small Town in Texas," 1976.
- KNIL (Royal Dutch East Indies Army) unites
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Count Every Star - Dick Haymes (Artie Shaw Orchestra)
- Tzena, Tzena, Tzena - Vic Damone
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?