Monday 26 July 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Rear Window, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 26 July 1954 ?
- Michael Grant: Young Adult Author.
- Lawrence Watt-Evans: United States -- Sci-fi author (Hugo, Sword of Bheleu).
- Vitas Gerulaitis: American tennis player and coach (d. 1994).
- Vitas Gerulaitis in Brooklyn: New York, USA; tennis star (Australia 1987).
- Hans Lodeizen [Johan Frederik]: Poet (Travel to Congo), dies at 26.
- WCET TV channel 48 in Cincinnati, OH (PBS) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?