Sunday 26 July 1964
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Rag Doll by The 4 Seasons.
In UK It's All Over Now by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Marnie, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 July 1964!
Which were the important events of 26 July 1964 ?
- Sandra Bullock: American actress and producer.
- Ralf Metzenmacher: German painter and designer.
- Anne Provoost: Belgian author.
- Danny Woodburn: American actor.
- Francis Curzon: 5th Earl Howe English race car driver and politician (d. 1964).
- Teamsters President Jimmy Hoffa convicted of fraud and conspiracy
- US union leader James Hoffa sentenced for fraud
- Train from Povoa de Varzin, Portugal derails near Oporto, 94 die.
- Teamsters' President Jimmy Hoffa convicted of fraud and conspiracy.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 4 Seasons - Rag Doll
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
- Johnny Rivers - Memphis
- Stan Getz - The Girl From Ipanema
- Jan & Dean - The Little Old Lady (From Pasadena)
- The Dave Clark Five - Can't You See That She's Mine
- Roger Miller - Dang Me
- Dusty Springfield - Wishin' And Hopin'
- The Impressions - Keep On Pushing
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?