Monday 26 July 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
The Other Guys, directed by Adam McKay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 July 2010!
Which were the important events of 26 July 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 July
- Sivakant Tiwari: senior legal officer of the Singapore Legal Service (Born 1945).
- The US Mint releases the 2010 Yosemite National Park quarter dollar to circulation.
- The President of France Nicolas Sarkozy confirms that Al-Qaeda Organization in the Islamic Maghreb has executed Michel Germaneau, a French hostage taken in Mali. (Al-Jazeera)
- The United States, European Union and United Nations pledge additional resources to the African Union's AMISOM peacekeeping force in Somalia. (Voice of America)
- Two car bombs explode near the southern Iraqi city of Karbala, killing at least twenty people. (BBC)
- At least 26 people die after a bus crashes in the Daman District in the Kandahar Province of Afghanistan. (samaylive)
- An Israeli Air Force helicopter crashes in Romania with six Israeli airmen and a Romanian military observer on board all are feared dead. (Haaretz)
- Former Khmer Rouge prison chief Duch receives the verdict in his trial in Phnom Penh - the first of five surviving senior figures to do so. He is sentenced to 35 years in prison with 16 years off for time served. (CNN)
- United States investigators associated with INTERPOL track 200 bank accounts associated with alleged North Korean drug smuggling, counterfeiting, money laundering and arms trafficking. (ABC News Australia)
- Release of The War Logs:
- Wikileaks releases over 92,000 documents detailing unreported killings of hundreds of Afghan civilians and other incidents related to the war in Afghanistan to ''The Guardian'', ''The New York Times'' and ''Der Spiegel'', in one of the biggest leaks in U.S. military history. (''The New York Times'')
- The United States government condemns the release of the files, calling it a ampquotriskampquot and a threat to their security. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Julian Assange defends the release, saying the publication was in the public interest, and saying that Wikileaks had withheld the documents from release until it could redact the names of individuals whose safety might be at risk. US Senator John Kerry says the documents ampquotraise serious questions about the reality of America's policy toward Pakistan and Afghanistanampquot. (ABC)
- Opening of the 15th Congress of the Philippines: Channel NewsAsia
- Juan Ponce Enrile is elected as Senate President
- Feliciano Belmonte is elected Speaker of the House of Representatives.
- President Benigno Aquino III delivers his first State of the Nation Address.
- The ''Plastiki'', a catamaran made out of recycled plastic, arrives in Sydney, Australia, after travelling across the Pacific Ocean from San Francisco, United States, to raise awareness of environmental issues. (AP via Yahoo News)
- The opening ceremony of the 2010 European Athletics Championships takes place in Barcelona. Official website
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?