Saturday 26 June 1909
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include "Col Tom" Parker [Dries Van Kruijk] and Betty Askwith.
Salome Mad, directed by Theo Bouwmeester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1909.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1909!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1909 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- "Col Tom" Parker [Dries Van Kruijk]: Netherlands -- Manager of Elvis Presley.
- Betty Askwith: Author.
- Nicholas Polunin: Environmentalist.
- Colonel Tom Parker: Elvis Presley's manager (d. 1997).
- Jean Bertholle: French painter, of the new Paris School, and later representative of Sacred Art.
- Clara Carvallo Wallstein: Better known as Cota Carvallo (or Carvallo Carlota Nuñez by her husband, Stuart Nunez, writer, literary critic and historian), She was one of the first women painters of Peru. In addition to teaching, and journalism, her work as an artist has won numerous awards as a poet, songwriter, playwright and prolific writer of children's literature, being very close friend of César Moro and Adam Martin.
- Helmut Dörner: German nazi military, waffen ss., responsible for numerous war crimes against Greek civilians in 1944. He was killed on 11 February 1945 in Budapest.
- Tom Parker: Dutch-American, called "Colonel Tom Parker" who became Elvis Presley's personal manager from 1956-77. He is considered to be the man behind the Elvis Presley legend.
- Helmut Dorner: Germany Military man
- Franéois DesgréEs: Rennes Journalist
- Wolfgang Reitherman: German-American Disney animator, director and producer (Born 1909)
- 23rd US Womens Tennis: H Hotchkiss beats Maud Barger-Wallach (60 61)
- Victoria and Albert Museum opens in London
- The Science Museum in London comes into existence as an independent entity.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Silver Threads Among the Gold - Will Oakland
- Shine On, Harvest Moon - Bob Roberts
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?