Monday 26 June 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edward Levi and Carlo Dapporto.
Dante's Inferno, directed by Francesco Bertolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1911!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1911 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- Edward Levi: professor (Intro to Legal Reasoning).
- Carlo Dapporto: Italian film actor who appeared in 35 films between 1944 and 1987.
- Didrickson: American athlete known as the greatest woman athlete in history, as a golfer, in the hurdle and javelin throw, basketball, baseball, football, pocket billiards and tennis, some boxing and swimming events.
- Rolf Karlsen: Norwegian organist, pianist, educationalist, and composer.
- Babe Zaharias: Golfer.
- Bronisław Żurakowski: Polish pilot and engineer (d. 2009)
- Nieuport sets an aircraft speed record of 83 mph (133 kph).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Put Your Arms Around Me, Honey - Ada Jones
- Day Dreams, Visions of Bliss - Henry Burr & Elise Stevenson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?