Wednesday 26 June 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
High Voltage, directed by Howard Higgin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1929!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1929 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- Francois Hutin: French journalist and media owner, CEO of the largest regional daily Ouest-France.
- Jan De Jong: Dutch pro astrologer and author of "Spiegelpunten" (= mirror points) becoming well known in the Netherlands, illustrating the inner meaning of a horoscope according to his philosophy.
- Alexander Fenton: CEO (Euro Ethnological Research Center in Edinburgh).
- Francesco Cossiga: President of Italy (1985- ).
- Ian Prestt: English ornithologist.
- Fran?ois-R?gis Hutin: Rennes EXecutives
- June Bronhill: Australian soprano singer, a pro from the time of her debut in 1949 when she came in third at the Sydney Sun Aria contest. The following year, Bronhill (a name adopted from her place of birth) won the contest and continued her training overseas. While in London, the soprano auditioned for Sadler's Wells and sang in "Marriage of Figaro" and "Die Fledermaus." Her most famed role was in "The Merry Widow" and she made a triumphant return to Australia on 26 June 1960. Bronhill starred in "The Sound o
- Fred Bruemmer: Latvian-Canadian photographer and author (d. 2013)
- Milton Glaser: American illustrator and graphic designer
- ENKA / Vereinigte Glanzstoff Factory merge AKU (General Kunstzijde Union)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?