Monday 26 June 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Canterville Ghost, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1944!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1944 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- Arthur Doyle: American singer-songwriter saxophonist and flute player (d. 2014).
- Wolfgang Weber: German footballer and manager.
- Gennady Zyuganov: Russian colonel and politician.
- Ruth Kempson: Linguist (SOAS).
- Troy Holter: American astrologer and journalist.
- Gennadi Zyuganov: Russian Communist politician and military man, a general who went head to head with Yeltsin for the presidency of Russia. A smooth operator, he tells different audiences what they want to hear. Mostly supported by older and rural people and factory workers, he also appeals to nationalists with his anti-American views that Russia is in a death struggle with the U.S.
- 2nd British army reaches Grainville-Mouen line
- Yanks, Dodgers and Giants play unique 6 inn game for War Bonds, each playing successive innings, final score Dodgers-5, Yanks-1 and Giants-0
- WWII: American troops enter Cherbourg.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Milkman, Keep Those Bottles Quiet - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?