Thursday 26 June 1952
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Story of Robin Hood and His Merrie Men, directed by Ken Annakin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1952!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1952 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- Gordon McQueen: Scottish footballer and manager.
- Greg Palast: American journalist and author.
- Enrico Ghezzi: Italian film critic, essayist, television writer and television presenter.
- Gaetano Curreri: Italian singer, keyboardist, and the main songwriter for the band Stadio.
- Nelson Mandela and 51 others infringe South Africa curfew
- The Pan-Malayan Labour Party is founded in Malaya, as a union of statewise labour parties.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1952 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Vera Lynn - Auf Wiederseh'n Sweetheart
- Sugarbush - Doris Day & Frankie Laine
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?