Sunday 26 June 1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
The Seven Little Foys, directed by Melville Shavelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1955!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1955 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- Mary Margaret Brownie: Rhode Island, United States -- Fictional ID of Prymaat (Coneheads).
- Mick Jones: Guitarist.
- Dick Mol: Dutch paleontologist and author.
- Gedde Watanabe: American actor.
- Engelbert Zaschka: German engineer and designer invented the Human-powered aircraft (d. 1955).
- Actor Geoffrey Holder marries Carmen de Lavallade
- Freedom Charter signed in South-Africa
- Patty Berg wins LPGA Western Golf Open
- The South African Congress Alliance adopts the Freedom Charter at the Congress of the People in Kliptown.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1955 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Eddie Fisher - Heart
- Something's Gotta Give (orchestra Of Sy Oliver) - Sammy Davis Jr.
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?