Tuesday 26 June 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
Somebody Up There Likes Me, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1956 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- Chris Isaak: American singer.
- Patrick Mercer: English colonel and politician.
- Azhar Cachalia: Scottish / South African leader (United Democratic Front).
- Bernard A Harris Jr: Temple, Texas -- MD / Astronaut (STS 55, 63).
- Véronique Genest: French actress and film producer, best known for her starring role as Commissaire Julie Lescaut in the French police drama series "Julie Lescaut" which ran from 1992 to 2013.
- Clifford Brown: American musician, one of the great jazz trumpet players who was also gifted on piano, vibes, bass and the regular trumpet.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?