Sunday 26 June 1960
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Edwards and Jumpy Geathers.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Cathy's Clown by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Three Steps To Heaven by Eddie Cochran was in the top 5 hits.
13 Ghosts, directed by William Castle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Comedy Spot.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1960!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1960 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- Barbara Edwards: Albuquerque, New Mexico -- Playmate of year (Sept, 1983) / actress.
- Jumpy Geathers: NFL defensive end (Denver Broncos - Super Bowl 32).
- Zachary Breaux: American jazz guitarist (d. 1997).
- Mark Durkan: Irish politician Deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland.
- John Brenden Kelly: Rower (1920, 24 Olympics - Gold Medalist), dies at 70.
- Hall of Fame allows veteran committee to vote annually
- Italian Somaliland declares independence from Italian-administration
- Madagascar (formerly Malagasy Rep) declares independence from France
- British Somaliland (now Somalia) gains independence from Britain.
- The former British Protectorate of British Somaliland gains its independence as Somaliland .
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 June 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown
- Connie Francis - Everybody's Somebody's Fool
- Jack Scott - Burning Bridges
- Jimmy Jones - Good Timin'
- Bobby Rydell - Swingin' School
- Hollywood Argyles - Alley-Oop
- Anita Bryant - Paper Roses
- Ron Holden - Love You So
- Jeanne Black - He'll Have To Stay
- Elvis Presley - Stuck On You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?