Monday 26 June 1961
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Quarter To Three by Gary U.S. Bonds.
In UK Surrender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Rocco and His Brothers, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1961!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1961 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- Gregory LeMond: American cyclist who was the first American to win the Tour de France in 1986.
- Greg LeMond: American cyclist.
- Terri Nunn: American singer and actress (Berlin).
- Kenneth F Fearing: United States -- Poet (Afternoon of a pawnbroker), dies at 58.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Quarter To Three
- Dee Clark - Raindrops
- Pat Boone - Moody River
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man
- Adam Wade - The Writing On The Wall
- Brook Benton - The Boll Weevil Song
- Pips - Every Beat Of My Heart
- Little Caesar and the Romans - Those Oldies But Goodies (Remind Me Of You)
- Ben E. King - Stand By Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?