Wednesday 26 June 1963
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Ivan's Childhood, directed by Andrey Tarkovskiy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1963!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1963 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- Mikhail B Khodorkovsky: Russian businessman.
- Mark McClellan: American economist and politician.
- Harriet Wheeler: English pop singer / composer (The Sundays).
- Mikhail Khodorkovsky: Russian oligarch and businessman.
- Wendy Lucero-Schayes: Denver, Colorado -- US diver (1992 Olympics).
- Richard Garfield: American creator of a board game, "Magic, the Gathering," which swept the U.S. and Europe in the '90s to where hobby and game stores could not keep up to the demand. Wizards of the Coast was a fledgling Seattle game-making company of 12 employees when it first put Magic in the stores, August 1993. It sold out in six weeks and its popularity spread like wildfire. Within two years the company increased to 200 employees with offices in Scotland and Belgium.
- Douchka : French singer, daughter of Giani Esposito and Pascale Petit (actors).
- Alessandro Campagna: Italian swimmer, a member of the Italian Water Polo Team that won an Olympic Gold Medal in Barcelona 1992.
- Obe Postma: Fries, Poet / geography / Historian (Own Cart).
- Alfons Gorbach forms Austrian government
- Dutch 2nd Chamber condemns commercial TV
- Kennedy visits W Berlin Ich bin ein Berliner (I am a Berliner)
- USA President John F. Kennedy speaks the famous words "Ich bin ein Berliner" (I am a Berliner) on a visit to West Berlin.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- Jan & Dean - Surf City
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- The Essex - Easier Said Than Done
- Barbara Lewis - Hello Stranger
- The Dovells - You Can't Sit Down
- Bobby Vinton - Blue On Blue
- Lonnie Mack - Memphis
- The Chiffons - One Fine Day
- Nat King Cole - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days Of Summer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?