Tuesday 26 June 1973
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Aaron Jackson and Reggie Brown.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth) by George Harrison.
In UK Can The Can by Suzi Quatro was in the top 5 hits.
40 Carats, directed by Milton Katselas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Once Is Not Enough by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Match Game 73.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1973!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1973 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- Aaron Jackson: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -- Actor (Mark Winkle-California Dreams).
- Reggie Brown: NFL fullback (Seattle Seahawks).
- Jussi Sydanmaa: Finnish musician (Lordi).
- Samuel Benchetrit: French writer, actor, screenwriter and director of Moroccan descent.
- Gretchen Wilson: American singer.
- Amen : Finnish singer-songwriter and guitarist (Lordi)
- Rebecca Budig: American actress
- Parry Shen: American actor and producer
- London production of Grease premieres
- At Plesetsk Cosmodrome 9 people are killed in an explosion of a Cosmos 3-M rocket.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
- Paul McCartney - My Love
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby
- Paul Simon - Kodachrome
- Sylvia - Pillow Talk
- Clint Holmes - Playground In My Mind
- The Doobie Brothers - Long Train Runnin'
- Dr. John - Right Place Wrong Time
- Three Dog Night - Shambala
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?