Wednesday 26 June 1974
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dieter Kalt and Jeff Frankenstein.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sundown by Gordon Lightfoot.
In UK The Streak by Ray Stevens was in the top 5 hits.
Where the Red Fern Grows, directed by Norman Tokar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Van Oekel's Discohoek.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Elimination or Maze War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1974!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1974 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- Dieter Kalt: Hockey forward (Team Austria 1998).
- Jeff Frankenstein: American musician (Newsboys).
- Derek Jeter: Pequanock, New Jersey -- Shortstop (New York Yankees, Rookie of Year 1996).
- Jason Kendall: American former professional baseball catcher who played in Major League Baseball from 1996 to 2010.
- Nicole Saba: Lebanese singer and actress (The 4 Cats).
- Kristofer Steen: Swedish guitarist (Refused and Final Exit)
- Matt Striker: American wrestler sportscaster and actor
- The Universal Product Code is scanned for the first time to sell a package of Wrigley's chewing gum at the Marsh Supermarket in Troy, Ohio
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 June 1974
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
- Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods - Billy, Don't Be A Hero
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- William DeVaughn - Be Thankful For What You Got
- Olivia Newton-John - If You Love Me (Let Me Know)
- The Hues Corporation - Rock The Boat
- Kool & The Gang - Hollywood Swinging
- Paul McCartney - Band On The Run
- George McCrae - Rock Your Baby
- John Denver - Annie's Song
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?