Monday 26 June 1978
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Seth Doane and Maxim Boilard.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Shadow Dancing by Andy Gibb.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Heaven Can Wait, directed by Warren Beatty, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Scruples by Judith Krantz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Everyday Maths.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Air-Sea War - Battle (Europe) Armored Encounter! / Subchase! (US) or Space Invaders.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1978.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1978!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1978 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- Seth Doane: American journalist, this handsome, young, blond heart-throb to teens and "tweens" all over the country, Doane is the anchor and correspondent for Channel One News, a show seen daily by more than 8 million school children in 12,000 schools across the US.
- Maxim Boilard: Canadian canoe racer.
- Rabbaji: President of South-Yemen, executed.
- First dedicated oceanographic satellite, SEASAT 1, launched
- Brittany separatists bomb Palace of Versailles in France.
- Air Canada Flight 189 to Toronto overruns the runway and crashes into the Etobicoke Creek ravine. Two of 107 passengers on board perish.
- A bombing by Breton nationalists causes destruction in Versailles.
- The U.S. scientific satellite Seasat is launched.
- ''University of California Regents v. Bakke'': The Supreme Court of the United States bars quota systems in college admissions but affirms the constitutionality of programs which give advantages to minorities.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?