Sunday 26 June 1994
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ollie McKendrick-Ness and Hollie Arnold.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Swear by All-4-One.
In UK Love Is All Around by Wet Wet Wet was in the top 5 hits.
Baby's Day Out, directed by Patrick Read Johnson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1994
while In the Kitchen With Rosie by Rosie Dale was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Roughnecks.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alien Breed: Tower Assault or Contra: Hard Corps.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1994!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1994 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- Ollie McKendrick-Ness: Vine Star.
- Hollie Arnold: English javelin thrower.
- Leonard Carow: German actor.
- A "Bob" den Doolaard: Author (Inn with the horseshoe), dies at 93.
- Ian Board: Barkeeper, dies at 64.
- Jaharna Imam: Bangladeshi writer / political activist, dies at 65.
- Roelof Kiers: VPRO-programmer / director (Macchiavelli), dies at 56.
- Thomas henry Wait Armstrong: Organist, dies at 96.
- Jahanara Imam: Bangladeshi writer and activist (Born 1929)
- PLO-leader Yasser Arafat returns to Gaza after 27 years
- US loses to Romania 1-0 in 1994 soccer world cup
- Broken Glass closes at Booth Theater NYC after 73 performances
- Medea closes at Longacre Theater NYC after 82 performances
- Actor Brandon Cruz (32) weds Elizabeth Finkelstein (26)
- Donna Andrews wins ShopRite LPGA Golf Classic
- Philip N. Diehl begins term as US Mint Director.
- Microsoft announces it will no longer sell or support the MS-DOS operating system, which had been its mainstay since 1980.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1994 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?