Monday 26 June 2006
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Do I Make You Proud by Taylor Hicks.
In UK I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair) by Sandi Thom was in the top 5 hits.
The Devil Wears Prada, directed by David Frankel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 2006!
Which were the important events of 26 June 2006 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 June
- Tommy Wonder: Dutch magician (Born 1953).
- Electronic IDs will be distributed to all under the age of 12 in Belgium, as a means of protection from child abduction, and will carry a special code in addition to a hotline. (The Telegraph Group Limited)
- U.S. President George W. Bush criticises the disclosure of a program to monitor financial transactions by suspected terrorists as ampquotdisgracefulampquot. White House Press Secretary Tony Snow also states that news organizations, including the ''New York Times,'' should think if ampquotthe public's right to know, in some cases, might override somebody's right to live...ampquot (White House Press Briefing)
- Waziristan War: a suicide car bombing kills six Pakistani soldiers. BBC
- Marí Alkatiri resigns as Prime Minister of East Timor after weeks of political unrest. (Reuters)
- A suicide bomb in Pannapittya, Sri Lanka, kills three people, including Parami Kulkathunga, Deputy Chief of Staff of the Sri Lankan Army. (Asian Tribune)
- Israel has stated that they will ensure that the Hamas-controlled Palestinian government is ampquottoppledampquot if their captured soldier, Gilad Shalit, is killed. Three Palestinian groups claiming to hold Shalit refuse to provide information about his health via the Palestine Red Crescent, unless all jailed Palestinian women and teenagers are released from Israeli prisons. Three Qassam rockets are launched from the Gaza Strip against Israeli towns, one of them wounding 4 civilians in Sderot
- Italians reject the modification of their constitution. In a two-day referendum, ampquotNoampquot beats ampquotYesampquot approximately 61% to 38%, thus keeping the text unchanged. The Northern League had announced its withdrawal from the centre-right opposition coalition if reform was defeated. Votes of Italians living abroad are still to be counted. (CorriereDellaSera)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?