Tuesday 26 June 2012
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
The Amazing Spider-Man, directed by Marc Webb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Freed by E L James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jaffa Factory.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Asura's Wrath or Colors! 3D.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 2012!
Which were the important events of 26 June 2012 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 June
- Arab Spring:
- Bahraini uprising: The government of Bahrain announces it will pay US$2.6 million to the relatives of 17 people who died in the revolt against the government. (Reuters)
- Syrian uprising: Turkey officially requests backing from NATO allies after a Turkish fighter jet is shot down by Syrian air defenses. (Reuters)
- Mexican Drug War: Armed men beat up and abduct Marcelo Ávila López, a candidate for the municipal presidency of Apaxtla, Guerrero, and politician of the Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI). (CNNMéxico)
- Thousands of Muslim Rohingya people flee Burma following religious clashes with Buddhists. (Al Jazeera)
- A bomb explodes outside the Tunisian consulate in Libya no casualties are reported. (Reuters)
- A fire breaks out on the fifth floor of the Syndicate of Journalists building in downtown Cairo. (''Egypt Independent'')
- The top police chief of Sudan announces a violent crackdown on anti-government protests in the capital, Khartoum. (Philly.com)
- Pulitzer Prize-winning novelist Richard Russo boycotts e-books in a bid to encourage people to buy from their local bookstores. (BBC)
- The five members of the Spice Girls reunite to launch ''Viva Forever!'', a new West End musical based on their hit songs. (BBC)
- ''The Stressful Life of Salman Rushdie and Implementation of his Verdict'', an in-development video game designed to introduce the younger generations to the ''The Satanic Verses'' controversy, is unveiled at a Tehran games expo. (''The Guardian'')
- The University of Virginia reinstates President Teresa Sullivan after she was ousted without a formal vote earlier this month. (My Northwest)
- The city of Stockton, California's mediation with creditors fails, forcing the city to declare bankruptcy, making it the largest in the U.S. to do so. (Fox News)
- Bhutan's four-century old Wangdue Phodrang Dzong, a ridge-top monastery, catches fire and is destroyed however no relics were destroyed since the monastery was undergoing a renovation. (CNN)
- 2012 Atlantic hurricane season:
- Tropical Storm Debby nears the Gulf Coast of the Florida peninsula as flash floods cut off sections of Interstate 10 and Interstate 75 in the state. (USA Today)
- Some areas of the state receive up to of rain. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- Rescue efforts restart at Algo Centre Mall, after the Premier of Ontario, Dalton McGuinty, orders them resumed. Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper asks the Canadian Forces to ready for deployment, if they should be needed. (''Washington Times'')
- A boat carrying around 150 people capsizes 107 nautical miles north of Australia's Christmas Island. (Reuters)
- Imprisoned U.S. serviceman Bradley Manning wins his battle against the U.S. government to account for the steps his prosecutors have taken to disclose to his lawyers evidence that could be crucial in his defence. (''The Guardian'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?