Sunday 26 March 1911
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tennessee Williams and Lennart Atterwall.
Hamlet, directed by William G.B. Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1911!
Which were the important events of 26 March 1911 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Tennessee Williams: American writer, poet, and outstanding playwright most noted for his powerful, emotional and dramatic works, "The Glass Menagerie," 1945, "A Streetcar Named Desire," 1947, "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof," 1955, and "The Night of the Iguana," 1961.
- Lennart Atterwall: Swedish javelin thrower (d. 2001).
- J Austin: English philosopher and academic (d. 1960).
- T Hee: American animator and director (d. 1988).
- Bernard Katz: German-English biophysicist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2003).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 March 1911
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Put Your Arms Around Me, Honey - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Tickle Toes - American Quartet
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?