Sunday 26 March 1916
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The End of the World, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1916!
Which were the important events of 26 March 1916 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Vic Schoen: Brooklyn, New York -- Orchestra leader (Patti Page Olds Show).
- Christian Anfinsen: American biochemist who won the Nobel Prize along with two others on 10/20/1972 for fundamental contributions to enzyme chemistry.
- Sterling Hayden: American actor and author.
- Mort Abrahams producer (Dr Doolittle: Planet Of Apes).
- Bill Edrich: English cricketer and footballer (d. 1986).
- Harry Rabinowitz: South African-American composer and conductor
- Birdman of Alcatraz receives solitary.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Lights of My Home Town - Peerless Quartet
- My Mother's Rosary - Henry Burr
- M-O-T-H-E-R (A Word That Means the World to Me) - George Wilton Ballard
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1916?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 26 March 1916 and get them!