Thursday 26 March 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Ecstasy, directed by Gustav Machat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1936!
Which were the important events of 26 March 1936 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Giora Feidman: Argentinian-Israeli clarinet player.
- Harry Kalas: American sportscaster (Born 1936).
- Erich Urbanner: Composer.
- Fred Paris: rocker (Five Satins).
- 1st parliamentary debate on New Zealand radio
- 200 telescope lens shipped, Corning Glass Works, NY-Cal Tech
- Mary Joyce ends a 1,000-mile trip by dog in Alaska.
- The longest game in the history of the National Hockey League was played. The Montreal Maroons and Detroit Red Wings went scoreless until 16 and a half minutes into the sixth OT when Mud Bruneteau ends it at 2:25 in the morning. It would be the longest game until May 4, 2000.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 26 March 1936 and get them!