Sunday 26 March 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Cheaper by the Dozen, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1950!
Which were the important events of 26 March 1950 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Alan Silvestri: American composer and conductor.
- Ernest Thomas in Gary: Indiana, USA; actor (Roger - What's Happening!).
- Ronnie McDowell in Fountain Head: Tennessee, USA; country singer ("King is Gone").
- Teddy Pendergrass in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; singer ("Turn Off the Lights").
- Teddy Pendergrass: American R&B singer (Born 1950).
- Martin Short: Canadian comedian
- Tony Papenfuss in Minneapolis: Minnesota, USA; actor (Daryl - Newhart).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1950 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Mary Martin & Arthur Godfrey - Go to Sleep, Go to Sleep, Go to Sleep
- Dearie - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- If I Knew You Were Comin' I'd've Baked A Cake - Georgia Gibbs
- Mervin Shiner - Peter Cottontail
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?