Friday 26 March 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
La Ronde, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1954!
Which were the important events of 26 March 1954 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Kazuhiko Inoue: Japanese voice actor and singer.
- Clive Palmer: Australian businessman and politician.
- Piers Gardner: director (British Institute of International and Comparative Law).
- Laurent Jalou: French publisher of fashion magazines, head of Les Editions Jalou, a Paris-based company that owns such titles as L'Officiel, Optimum and Jalouse.
- Katharine Schori: American ecclesiastic, an Episcopal priest who became the first female Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church.
- Curtis Sliwa: American activist, the founder of the Guardian Angels. The beret-wearing group is composed of former gang members who protect their neighborhood, working in cooperation with the police. Though they avoid vigilante methods, the cops are suspicious of them and the gangs hate them, so they walk a tough line in between the law and the lawless. They guard the subways and other areas where street crime breaks out, and are welcomed by the citizens whose lives they protect. They are centered in New York
- US performs atmospheric nuclear test at Bikini Island.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?