Monday 26 March 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK It's Almost Tomorrow by The Dreamweavers was in the top 5 hits.
The Harder They Fall, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1956!
Which were the important events of 26 March 1956 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Charly McClain in Jackson: Tennessee, USA; country singer (Radio Heart).
- Charly McClain: American singer-songwriter.
- Park Won-soon: South Korean lawyer and politician 35th Mayor of Seoul.
- Tatyana Kochergina: USSR -- Team handball (1976, 80 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Thomas Alexandrovich de Hartmann: Composer, dies at 70.
- Medic Alert Foundation forms
- Red Buttons debuts on TV in Studio One
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?