Sunday 26 March 1961
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Surrender by Elvis Presley.
In UK Walk Right Back / Ebony Eyes by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
One-Eyed Jacks, directed by Marlon Brando, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Last Of The Just by Andre Schwarz-Bart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1961!
Which were the important events of 26 March 1961 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- William Hague: British politician, a Member of Parliament returned by general election on 2/23/1989 to replace Brittan Leon who resigned 12/31/1988.
- Leigh Bowery: Australian-born English fashion performance artist (Born 1961).
- Billy Warlock: American actor.
- James Rizzitano: American-International chess master, self-taught, playing tournament chess since he was ten.
- Louise Suggs wins LPGA Golden Circle of Golf Festival.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chubby Checker - Pony Time
- Elvis Presley - Surrender
- Jorgen Ingmann and His Guitar - Apache
- The Shirelles - Dedicated To The One I Love
- The String-A-Longs - Wheels
- Marty Robbins - Don't Worry
- Connie Francis - Where The Boys Are
- Buzz Clifford - Baby Sittin' Boogie
- The Everly Brothers - Walk Right Back
- The Everly Brothers - Ebony Eyes
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 26 March 1961 and get them!