Tuesday 26 March 1968
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay by Otis Redding.
In UK Cinderella Rockefella by Esther & Abi Ofarim was in the top 5 hits.
2001: A Space Odyssey, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1968!
Which were the important events of 26 March 1968 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Ramon Yslas: American musician, percussionist with Shadowfax.
- Laurent Brochard: French road racing cyclist, who won a stage of the 1997 Tour de France and became world road champion in San Sebastián, Spain.
- James Iha: American guitarist songwriter and producer (The Smashing Pumpkins A Perfect Circle Whiskeytown and Tinted Windows).
- Kari Gronroos: WLAF kicker (Scotland Claymores).
- Mike Trevathan: Canadian Football League slot back (British Columbia Lions).
- Shane Reynolds in Bastrop: Louisiana, USA; pitcher (Houston Astros).
- Edward Kaminski in Kansas City: Kansas, USA; javelin thrower.
- Ian Hutchings: in Zimbabwe; Canadian Tour golfer (1994 Klondike Klassic).
- Kenny Chesney: American singer and musician, country and western style, married to Renee Zellweger on May 9, 2005, but the much-publicized merger ended in an annulment announced just a few months later on September 15. The annulment was finalized December 20, 2005 in Los Angeles.
- Joan Baez marries activist David Harris in New York.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- The Monkees - Valleri
- 1910 Fruitgum Company - Simon Says
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- The Delfonics - La - La Means I Love You
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- Georgie Fame - The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
- Dionne Warwick - (Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?