Monday 26 March 2012
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to We Are Young by Fun..
The Intouchables, directed by Olivier Nakache, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 2012!
Which were the important events of 26 March 2012 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 March
- An Afghan police officer shoots and kills two British military personnel before being gunned down. (AP via Google News)
- A Tibetan protester self-immolates during a protest in the Indian capital New Delhi, ahead of a visit by the Chinese president Hu Jintao. (''Times of India'')
- Colombian forces kill 32 FARC rebels in the latest government offensive. (Al Jazeera)
- Somali pirates hijack an Iranian-owned cargo ship with 23 crew in waters off the Maldives - the first hijacking in such territory. (AFP via Google News)
- Syria responds to a peace plan proposed by envoy Kofi Annan to end the violence in the country. (IOL)
- Oil is discovered in Kenya by London based Tullow Oil. (BBC)
- One person is killed and several homes destroyed in a wildfire outbreak in Jefferson County, Colorado. (AP via Google)
- One person is killed, three people declared missing, and three people rescued after a sailboat sinks off the southwestern coast of Nova Scotia, Canada. (CBC)
- Pope Benedict XVI arrives in Cuba to begin his three day visit to the country. (Reuters)
- The United States and China agree to co-ordinate their responses if a proposed North Korean rocket launch commences. (BBC)
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn, the former head of the International Monetary Fund, is placed under formal investigation in France over alleged involvement in a prostitution ring. (BBC)
- The BBC's ''Panorama'' alleges that a company owned by News Corporation recruited a pay-TV ampquotpirateampquot to hack a rival's secret codes then post the details online. (BBC)
- Campbell Newman is sworn in as the new Premier of the Australian state of Queensland following a landslide victory in Saturday's election. (''The Courier-Mail'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?