Saturday 26 May 1923
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Horst Tapper and James Arness in Minneapolis.
The White Rose, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 May 1923!
Which were the important events of 26 May 1923 ?
- Saint Germain of Paris
- Blessed Pieter of Ter Duinen
- Saint William of Aquitaine
- Saint Simitrius
- Saint Philip Neri (died 1595)
- Saint Lambert (d.1154)
- Saint Berenger (died 1093)
- Georgia - National Day
- Poland - Mother's Day
- Australia - National Sorry Day
- Horst Tapper: German director / actor (Derrick).
- James Arness in Minneapolis: Minnesota, USA; actor (Matt Dillon - Gunsmoke, The Thing).
- Oren Lee: Staley; first president of National Farmers Organization (1955-79).
- André Alvarez: French rugby union player (1.
- James Arness: American actor most noted for the TV series "Gunsmoke," 1955-1975, which was an instant hit that retained popularity for 20 years.
- Alfons Höckmann: German stage/tv actor, director.
- William Magruder: American aeronautical engineer and former test pilot who served as a special consultant to President Nixon; he was the Supersonic Transport (SST) Program director under Nixon. As director of the program, he was an energetic and aggressive advocate for the American aircraft industry.
- Horst Tappert: German actor in films and TV, starting with a theater debut in 1946. His films include "Wir Wunderkinder" 1958 and "Der Kapitan," 1971. He has appeared in a remarkable 280 TV productions.
- Andre Alvarez: France sport Champion
- Alfons Hockmann: Germany Actor
- Roy Dotrice: Channel Islands, Guernsey -- Actor (Wizard)
- Socialist Workers Youth International forms in Hamburg, Germany.
- The first 24 Hours of Le Mans motor race is held, and is won by André Lagache and René Léonard.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 May 1923
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Dreamy Melody - Art Landry & His Orchestra
- Saw Mill River Road - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- You Know You Belong to Somebody Else (So Why Don't You Leave Me Alone) - Henry Burr
- Underneath the Mellow Moon - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?