Saturday 26 May 1923
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
The White Rose, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 May 1923!
Which were the important events of 26 May 1923 ?
- Saint Germain of Paris
- Blessed Pieter of Ter Duinen
- Saint William of Aquitaine
- Saint Simitrius
- Saint Philip Neri (died 1595)
- Saint Lambert (d.1154)
- Saint Berenger (died 1093)
- Georgia - National Day
- Poland - Mother's Day
- Australia - National Sorry Day
- André Alvarez: French rugby union player (1.
- Alfons Höckmann: German stage/tv actor, director.
- Andre Alvarez: France sport Champion.
- James Arness in Minneapolis: Minnesota, USA; actor (Matt Dillon - Gunsmoke, The Thing).
- Oren Lee: Staley; first president of National Farmers Organization (1955-79).
- Horst Tapper: German director / actor (Derrick)
- William Magruder: American aeronautical engineer and former test pilot who served as a special consultant to President Nixon; he was the Supersonic Transport (SST) Program director under Nixon. As director of the program, he was an energetic and aggressive advocate for the American aircraft industry.
- Roy Dotrice: Channel Islands, Guernsey -- Actor (Wizard)
- James Arness: American actor most noted for the TV series "Gunsmoke," 1955-1975, which was an instant hit that retained popularity for 20 years.
- Alfons Hockmann: Germany Actor
- Horst Tappert: German actor in films and TV, starting with a theater debut in 1946. His films include "Wir Wunderkinder" 1958 and "Der Kapitan," 1971. He has appeared in a remarkable 280 TV productions.
- Socialist Workers Youth International forms in Hamburg, Germany.
- The first 24 Hours of Le Mans motor race is held, and is won by André Lagache and René Léonard.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Dreamy Melody - Art Landry & His Orchestra
- Saw Mill River Road - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- You Know You Belong to Somebody Else (So Why Don't You Leave Me Alone) - Henry Burr
- Underneath the Mellow Moon - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?