Wednesday 26 May 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
It's the Old Army Game, directed by A. Edward Sutherland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 May 1926!
Which were the important events of 26 May 1926 ?
- Saint Germain of Paris
- Blessed Pieter of Ter Duinen
- Saint William of Aquitaine
- Saint Simitrius
- Saint Philip Neri (died 1595)
- Saint Lambert (d.1154)
- Saint Berenger (died 1093)
- Georgia - National Day
- Poland - Mother's Day
- Australia - National Sorry Day
- Miles Davis: American musician, jazz composer, bandleader and recording artist, one of the most consistent trendsetters in jazz history.
- Phyllis Gotlieb: Canadian author.
- Miles D Davis in Alton: Illinois, USA; jazz trumpeter/pioneered cool jazz ("Porgy and Bess").
- J Spiegelman: American Jungian psychologist and analyst, the author of many books, including "Psychotherapy as a Mutual Process," "Jungian Analysts: Their Vision and Vulnerabilities," "Modern Jew in Search of a Soul," and "Reich, Jung, Regardie & Me: The Unhealed Healer.
- Maria de Lourdes Martins: Composer.
- S V Petlura: Ukrainain ataman, assassinated by Shalom Schwarzbard.
- Lebanon adopts constitution.
- The Rifkabyl rebels surrender in Morocco.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1926 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Drifting and Dreaming (Sweet Paradise) - George Olsen & His Orchestra
- Always - Henry Burr
- Always - Nick Lucas
- After I Say I'm Sorry - Abe Lyman & His California Orchestra
- Here in My Arms - Leo Reisman & His Orchestra
- Rio Rita - Nat Shilkret & The Victor Orchestra
- Kentucky's Way Of Sayin' Good Morning - Brox Sisters
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?