Sunday 26 May 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Stranger, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 May 1946!
Which were the important events of 26 May 1946 ?
- Saint Germain of Paris
- Blessed Pieter of Ter Duinen
- Saint William of Aquitaine
- Saint Simitrius
- Saint Philip Neri (died 1595)
- Saint Lambert (d.1154)
- Saint Berenger (died 1093)
- Georgia - National Day
- Poland - Mother's Day
- Australia - National Sorry Day
- Neshka Robeva: Bulgarian Rhythmic gymnas and coach.
- Mick Ronson: English guitarist songwriter and producer (The Spiders from Mars and Mott the Hoople) (d. 1993).
- Radwa Ashour: Egyptian novelist who won the 2007 Constantine Cavafy Prize for Literature.
- Friedrich A H von Waldeck: monarch of Waldeck, dies.
- Darius Milhauds 3rd Concert for piano / orchestra premieres in Prague
- 2-for-42 and hitting .048 for 1946, Mel Ott stops playing baseball.
- Patent filed in US for hydrogen bomb.
- Klement Gottwald becomes premier of Czechoslovakia.
- Czechoslovak parliamentary election, with Communist victory (38%), last before communist take power
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Hey! Ba-Ba-Re-Bop - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra
- Peggy Lee - I Don't Know Enough About You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?