Wednesday 26 May 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Dial M for Murder, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 May 1954!
Which were the important events of 26 May 1954 ?
- Saint Germain of Paris
- Blessed Pieter of Ter Duinen
- Saint William of Aquitaine
- Saint Simitrius
- Saint Philip Neri (died 1595)
- Saint Lambert (d.1154)
- Saint Berenger (died 1093)
- Georgia - National Day
- Poland - Mother's Day
- Australia - National Sorry Day
- Janis Cole: Canadian film maker who works in team with Holly Dale, renowned for their documentaries.
- Marian Gold: German singer-songwriter and guitarist (Alphaville).
- Alan Hollinghurst: English author and poet.
- Denis Lebel: Canadian businessman and politician 29th Canadian Minister of Transport.
- Danny Rolling: American convicted murderer (Born 1954).
- A fire aboard the United States aircraft carrier USS Bennington off Narragansett Bay kills 103 crewmen.
- Robert Menzies's government is re-elected for a 4th term in Australia.
- Creation and first meeting of the Bilderberg Group.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1954 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?