Saturday 26 May 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK No Other Love by Ronnie Hilton was in the top 5 hits.
The Killing, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 May 1956!
Which were the important events of 26 May 1956 ?
- Saint Germain of Paris
- Blessed Pieter of Ter Duinen
- Saint William of Aquitaine
- Saint Simitrius
- Saint Philip Neri (died 1595)
- Saint Lambert (d.1154)
- Saint Berenger (died 1093)
- Georgia - National Day
- Poland - Mother's Day
- Australia - National Sorry Day
- Frederic Dutoit: French politician.
- Barbara Stock in Downers Grove: Illinois, USA; actress (Susan - Spenser For Hire).
- Élisabeth Hubert: French doctor, politician and businesswoman.
- Mehdi El Glaoui: French-Moroccan actor, son of actress Cécile Aubry.
- Neil Parish: English politician.
- Fiona Shackleton: English lawyer
- Aircraft carrier Bennington burns off RI, killing 103
- US Navy aircraft carrier Bennington burns off Rhode Island, killing 103.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?