Sunday 26 May 1963
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Van Eman in Pittsburgh and Eddie Martin Jr.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to If You Wanna Be Happy by Jimmy Soul.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The List of Adrian Messenger, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Curd Jürgens erzählt....
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 May 1963!
Which were the important events of 26 May 1963 ?
- Saint Germain of Paris
- Blessed Pieter of Ter Duinen
- Saint William of Aquitaine
- Saint Simitrius
- Saint Philip Neri (died 1595)
- Saint Lambert (d.1154)
- Saint Berenger (died 1093)
- Georgia - National Day
- Poland - Mother's Day
- Australia - National Sorry Day
- Charles Van Eman in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (Charlie - All My Children, Dynasty II).
- Eddie Martin Jr: Jockey.
- Simon Armitage: English author poet and playwright.
- Claude Legault: Canadian actor and screenwriter.
- Mary Nightingale: English journalist.
- Musetta Vander: South African model and actress
- Sharon Lynn: Actress (Way Out West, Big Broadcast), dies at 53.
- 15th Emmy Awards: Dick Van Dyke Show, E G Marshall and Shirley Booth
- Organization of African Unity forms
- Mickey Wright wins LPGA Dallas Civitan Golf Open.
- Wes Stock becomes the only Baltimore Orioles' player to win a double header.
- In Los Angeles, California, the 15th Annual Emmy Awards are presented, hosted by Joey Bishop, Arthur Godfrey, and Chet Huntley.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Soul - If You Wanna Be Happy
- Little Peggy March - I Will Follow Him
- The Beach Boys - Surfin' U.S.A.
- The Shirelles - Foolish Little Girl
- Al Martino - I Love You Because
- Brenda Lee - Losing You
- Lou Christie - Two Faces Have I
- Ray Charles - Take These Chains From My Heart
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- Sam Cooke - Another Saturday Night
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?