Wednesday 26 May 1965
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Help Me, Rhonda by The Beach Boys.
In UK Ticket To Ride by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Mirage, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 May 1965!
Which were the important events of 26 May 1965 ?
- Saint Germain of Paris
- Blessed Pieter of Ter Duinen
- Saint William of Aquitaine
- Saint Simitrius
- Saint Philip Neri (died 1595)
- Saint Lambert (d.1154)
- Saint Berenger (died 1093)
- Georgia - National Day
- Poland - Mother's Day
- Australia - National Sorry Day
- Jacqueline Mary Nelson in Upper Hutt: New Zealand; points race cyclist (Olympics-1996).
- Greg Lloyd: NFL linebacker (Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Hazel Irvine: Scottish sportscaster and journalist.
- Revised International Convention on Safety of Life at Sea takes effect.
- Dutch Voting Rights Bill passes.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beach Boys - Help Me, Rhonda
- The Beatles - Ticket To Ride
- The Supremes - Back In My Arms Again
- Herman's Hermits - Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
- Elvis Presley - Crying In The Chapel
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Count Me In
- The Seekers - I'll Never Find Another You
- The Beau Brummels - Just A Little
- Tom Jones - It's Not Unusual
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?