Sunday 26 May 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Tighten Up by Archie Bell & The Drells.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Devil's Brigade, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 May 1968!
Which were the important events of 26 May 1968 ?
- Saint Germain of Paris
- Blessed Pieter of Ter Duinen
- Saint William of Aquitaine
- Saint Simitrius
- Saint Philip Neri (died 1595)
- Saint Lambert (d.1154)
- Saint Berenger (died 1093)
- Georgia - National Day
- Poland - Mother's Day
- Australia - National Sorry Day
- Simon Diamond: American baseball player and wrestler.
- Fernando de Aranoa: Spanish director producer and screenwriter.
- Steve Sedgley: English footballer and manager.
- Crown Prince: Frederik of Denmark.
- Pat Kenney: American professional wrestler.
- Fernando Leon de Aranoa: Spanish film director
- Crown Frederik: Danish royalty, the son of Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik of Denmark. As Frederik X he will most definitely be a modern monarch. He runs marathons, has worked among the homeless in Boston where he spent a year at Harvard, and has been caught on film by the paparazzi diving nude into the swimming pool to cavort with his beautiful pop-singer playmate. At 27, using the nom de guerre "Pingo," he took part in a military drill to become a member of the Danish Navy's elite Frogmen Corps, roughly
- Willie Burton: American basketball player: guard/forward
- Rachael Sporn: Australian basketball forward (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist)
- Christopher Burge: American biologist and academic
- Frederik : Heir Apparent Crown Prince of Denmark
- William E "Little Willie" John: American R&B-singer (Fever), dies at age 30.
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Dallas Civitan Golf Open.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- The Intruders - Cowboys To Girls
- The Irish Rovers - The Unicorn
- Marvin Gaye - Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing
- Stevie Wonder - Shoo-Be-Doo-Be-Doo-Da-Day
- Dionne Warwick - Do You Know The Way To San Jose
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?