Saturday 26 May 2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin') by T-Pain.
In UK Beautiful Liar by Beyonce & Shakira was in the top 5 hits.
Mr. Brooks, directed by Bruce A. Evans, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 May 2007!
Which were the important events of 26 May 2007 ?
- Saint Germain of Paris
- Blessed Pieter of Ter Duinen
- Saint William of Aquitaine
- Saint Simitrius
- Saint Philip Neri (died 1595)
- Saint Lambert (d.1154)
- Saint Berenger (died 1093)
- Georgia - National Day
- Poland - Mother's Day
- Australia - National Sorry Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 May
- J Edward Oliver: cartoonist and composer (Born 1942).
- In Woburn, Massachusetts, USA a meteorite punches a hole through a warehouse roof.
- A thousand Czech protesters gather in Wenceslas Square in the centre of Prague to protest against Czech participation in the United States missile defence system. (Xinhua)
- Iran claims to have uncovered an espionage network run by the United States and its allies. (CNN)
- Fianna Fáil performs strongly in the Irish general election, putting it in a strong position to retain government. (AP via the Philadelphia Daily News)
- Germany celebrates the 175th anniversary of the Hambacher Fest. (SWR)
- Several thousand Ukrainian Interior Ministry troops head for Kiev in defiance of orders to support President Viktor Yushchenko. (BBC)
- At least 21 people die in western China in landslides caused by heavy rain. (BBC)
- 2007 Israel-Gaza conflict:
- Hamas militants are considering lighter ceasefire terms offered by Fatah, specifically Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas. They are giving Israel until May 27 to respond to this agreement, that would only end Israeli operations in the Gaza Strip. Hamas has said, however, that they are not completely committed to their offer.
- Israeli attack helicopters launch missile strikes on a various facilities, including a security facility near Palestinian Prime Minister Haniyeh's home. At least three people are injured by the air strikes. (Reuters)
- Israel seizes Palestinian Cabinet Minister of State Wasfi Kabha in a raid conducted by the IDF in his village near Jenin. (Reuters via ABC News Online)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?