Monday 26 May 2008
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Lollipop by Lil Wayne.
Young People Fucking, directed by Martin Gero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch, Jeffrey Zaslow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 May 2008!
Which were the important events of 26 May 2008 ?
- Saint Germain of Paris
- Blessed Pieter of Ter Duinen
- Saint William of Aquitaine
- Saint Simitrius
- Saint Philip Neri (died 1595)
- Saint Lambert (d.1154)
- Saint Berenger (died 1093)
- Georgia - National Day
- Poland - Mother's Day
- Australia - National Sorry Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 May
- Zita Urbonaite: Lithuanian road cyclist (Born 1973).
- The International Atomic Energy Agency releases a report accusing Iran of hiding information about alleged studies of producing nuclear warheads and defying demands to suspend its uranium enrichment. (AFP)
- China relaxes its one-child policy to allow parents of children killed in the 2008 Sichuan earthquake to have another child. (Canadian Press via Google News)
- Westpac signs an implementation agreement for its take over of the St George Bank, creating the largest bank in Australia with a market capitalisation of A$66 billion. (''The Australian'')
- Nepalese authorities ban rallies and mass meetings in Kathmandu prior to the first meeting of the Nepalese Constituent Assembly which is expected to declare Nepal a republic. (BBC News)
- Embattled Canadian Minister of Foreign Affairs Maxime Bernier resigns after admitting to having left confidential documents unsecured in a private home. (CBC)
- The European Beaver will be reintroduced to Scotland after 400 years. (AFP)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?