Tuesday 26 May 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
The Hangover, directed by Todd Phillips, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 5: The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 May 2009!
Which were the important events of 26 May 2009 ?
- Saint Germain of Paris
- Blessed Pieter of Ter Duinen
- Saint William of Aquitaine
- Saint Simitrius
- Saint Philip Neri (died 1595)
- Saint Lambert (d.1154)
- Saint Berenger (died 1093)
- Georgia - National Day
- Poland - Mother's Day
- Australia - National Sorry Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 May
- US President Barack Obama announces the appointment of Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court.
- The US Mint releases the 2009 Guam quarter dollar coin to circulation.
- General Secretary Hu Jintao of the Communist Party in the People's Republic of China and Nationalist Party Chairman Wu Poh-hsiung in Taiwan meet in Beijing to discuss cross-Strait relations. (Xinhua)
- The Supreme Court of California upholds Proposition 8, the state's ban on same-sex marriage. (AP via Yahoo)
- President Isaias Afewerki says Eritrea will not release imprisoned journalist Dawit Isaak. (DPA via ''EarthTimes'')
- Pakistan's Supreme Court will allow former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to stand for election. (BBC)
- North Korea tests two more missiles. (BBC)
- Trial of Aung San Suu Kyi:
- The National League for Democracy's General Secretary testifies in Burma. (Reuters)
- U.S. President Obama calls for her immediate and unconditional release from incarceration. (RTÉ)
- South Africa's economy contracted by 6.4% during the first fiscal quarter of 2009 and thus enters recession. (BBC)
- An air raid on a people-smuggling convoy in Sudan in January killed 119 people. (BBC)
- A suicide attack kills six people in Kapisa Province, Afghanistan. (BBC)
- The Swedish Navy arrests seven Somali pirates during the attempted hijacking of a Greek ship. (Radio Netherlands)
- Nigerien President Tandja Mamadou dissolves the National Assembly. (Reuters)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?