Friday 26 November 1909
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
John Farley's Redemption, directed by Victorin-Hippolyte Jasset, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1909.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 November 1909!
Which were the important events of 26 November 1909 ?
- Mongolia: Independence Day
- Russia: St. Yuri's Day (1497 - 1649)
- Also see November 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. saints - Pope Siricius; celebration of the excellence of Saint Genevieve in Paris.
- Bah�'f Faith: Day of the Covenant
- Eugene Ionesco: Romanian-born French playwright (d. 1994).
- Fritz Buchloh: German football player and coach (Born 1909).
- Frances Dee: American actress and singer (d. 2004).
- Eugène Ionesco: Romanian writer, a playwright whose plays have been translated and staged all over the world.
- Sigma Alpha Mu is founded in the City College of New York by 8 Jewish young men.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- When I Dream in the Gloaming of You - Walter Van Brunt
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in November 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?