Friday 26 November 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joyce McCartan and Mauro Bortolotti.
Twinkletoes, directed by Charles Brabin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 November 1926!
Which were the important events of 26 November 1926 ?
- Mongolia: Independence Day
- Russia: St. Yuri's Day (1497 - 1649)
- Also see November 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. saints - Pope Siricius; celebration of the excellence of Saint Genevieve in Paris.
- Bah�'f Faith: Day of the Covenant
- Joyce McCartan: Peace campaigner.
- Mauro Bortolotti: Composer.
- Valère Benedetto: French boxer.
- Michael Butler: American financial backer and producer of the musical "Hair," a production that turned into one of the phenomena's of stage history.
- Armand Penverne: French soccer player and coach.
- Valere Benedetto: France sport Champion
- Rabi Ray: Indian activist and politician 10th Speaker of the Lok Sabha
- All Italian Communist deputies are arrested.
- Mount Vesuvius erupts.
- In Williamsburg, Virginia, the restoration of Colonial Williamsburg begins.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 November 1926
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1926 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Birth of the Blues - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?